Thursday, April 02, 2009

My Singapore Journey


The Merlion Park at Marina Bay



I had lots of good memories and experiences during my stay out there, and i would love to share it.

April 09, 2008, my flight schedule from Philippines to Singapore. I was obsolutely amazed the moment I arrived at Changi Airport Singapore. It was my first time to be in Singapore and so I am very excited to see and look around. The Changi Airport was such a huge Airport and is known to be the best and largest Airport in the world.

From Airport, I have to travel a taxi going to my dormitory where I'm about to stay for Six Months. While I'm on my way, I noticed everything about Singapore, the Roads, the Buildings, the Trees, the Nature itself, I can say that Singapore is one of the best country that I would love to stay for good.

During my rest days, I used to travel and explore the country, I used to walk around and visit the City, the Merlion Park, the Marina Bay, the China Town, the Suntec City, the Bugis street, the Little India, the Orchard Road, the Raffles Place and the best of all is the Sentosa Island where you can find most of the pleasures, Activites (e.g Luge & Skyride, Songs of the Sea, underwater world, Cable car, Sky tower, Dolphin Lagoon, the Images of Singapore, Sentosa 4D max, Fort Siloso Tours, the Flying Trapeze, The Merlion and the Merlion Walk) and many more places.

But the best thing that Singapore attracted me is the "safety" that is always inside of me. There is no doubt that the Singapore if one of the safetiest place for me. I just love everything about Singapore, very clean, very safe.

Two things that I don't like about Singapore are the Lack of Natural Resources and the Cost of living is too expensive.

Cost of Living - I have interviewed some Singapore Citizens from my work place and according to them, they don't like Singapore, I asked them why?, the reason is the Cost of Living, they earn high salaries, yes, but still not enough because the rentals of the Flat, Appartments are too expensive, same thing with the foods, transportation. In general, for them, everything about Singapore is too expensive.

Natural Resources - Singapore is very small country, and so when it comes to nature, they don't have much to offer, very few numbers of mountains, beaches, wild trees, wild life and ocean.

Now you have a little Idea about Singapore. These few things are part of my experiences and observations.

The purpose of my stay in Singapore is because of the International Practicum Training Program (IPTP) that my school had offered me.

2 comments:

Pinay Ladies said...

i love singapore. punta ako dun bukas.

jarvis said...

maybe the service is the best....but largest its a no no...hehehe...i think the largest is King Khalid in riyadh, then denver w/c is 2nd, then 3rd is London Heathrow...in terms of land area....but i think the busiest is London Heathrow...peace!!!